Symbolic monument of political power in Florence it is the centre of the city since his development. It is an important buildings either for its artistic or historical importance, it was begun in 1300, to plans by Arnolfo di Cambio, as the Palazzo dei Priori. Continue reading “Nuovo Palazzo Vecchio” »Read More
Brancacci Chapel is located in the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine, it is considered one of the most important masterpieces in the history of painting, with excellent works of Masolino, Masaccio and Filippo Lippi. A recent restoration has shown a close collaboration between Masolino and Masaccio whose created a strong unity in the decorative cycle. Continue reading “Cappella Brancacci” »Read More
The museum of Santo Spirito is placed in the ancient Cenacolo del Convento. It belong from 1868 to comune of Florence and it is considered one of the most important artistic and religious muesum of the city. Continue reading “Fondazione Romano nel Cenacolo di Santo Spirito” »Read More
The name of this museum derived from a genovese maecenans who in 1960 gave to Comune of Florence a fascinatine collection of works of art. 250 works which illustrate the development of italian art from Futurism to sixty’s. Continue reading “Museo Alberto della Ragione” »Read More
This is a very beautiful and picturesque dominican convent, property of the comune since 1868. The Chiostro is very impressive, completely frescoed with scenes from the Old Testament, two of them of Paolo Uccello Diluvio Universale and Ebbrezza di Noè.
Andrea Bonaiuti’s works celebrate the fight of dominican for human salvation in the allegory Church militante e trionfante. The museum stands in the Ubriachi Chapel and in the ancient Refettorio since 1983, it is a very beautiful collection of sacred art, with embroider and ligneous sculptures.Read More
Marino Marini is the name of the founder of the museum. He donated many works to Comune di Firenze, which situated the museum in the deconsecrated Church of San Pancrazio. It contains twohundred works of contemporary art, arranged on different levels. Every level has sculpture, bronzes and works in cement, while on different level one finds, pictures, drawing, plaster and painting.
The entire preparation of the museum, from lighting to materials, was choosen by Marini who gave a rare effect of armony between works and the external structure.Read More
The Museum was created to offer a rich visual history of how Florence changed from the Renaissance to the end of the XIX century. Through paintings, prints and models is described Florence, very famous is “Pianta della Catena” (1470) and “Pianta Topografica” the first one drawn scientifically in 1594. The twelve famous Lunettes present an important overview of the Medici villas in the late XVI century. The XVIII century is documented by Zocchi in his fine Vedute, and the XIX century section are the pictures of the Mercato Vecchio (Old Market) and the Jewish Ghetto before the demolition.
The last section illustrates the development of the Florentine area from the first settlements to the Roman era.Read More